The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation designed to operate exclusively for the benefit of the Hanson Public Library.
The goal of the Hanson Public Library Foundation is to help the Hanson Public Library reach a higher standard of excellence by supplementing funds received from public sources with private financial support.
The 2013 Calendar of Events :
Books and Ballads from Broadway , Sunday March 10th at 3:00 p.m. A free concert featuring Stephanie Miele, accompanied by Alice Carey on piano and John Wall on bass.
Author workshop , Thursday April 25th at 6:30 p.m. Make your own clean green products with Kristi Marsh.
Author talk, Saturday May 4th at 1 p.m. Featuring Christopher Klein, author of “Discovering the Boston Harbor Islands : A Guide to the City’s Hidden Shores “.
Second Annual Trivia Night , Thursday July 18th, Camp Kiwanee, 7-10 p.m.
Second Annual Wine Tasting , Monday September 16th, Olde Hitching Post, 7 p.m.
Author talk, Saturday October 5th, 12:30 p.m. Featuring Stephen Puleo – “The Caning“.
Author talk, Saturday November 2nd 12:00 p.m. Featuring author & journalist Hank Phillippi Ryan.
- Encourage, receive, solicit, accept, hold, administer, and invest gifts, grants, endowments, and bequests for the benefit of the library.
- Expand public support, understanding, and use of the library.
- Increase and improve the resources of the Hanson Public Library.
- Supplement, augment, and complement the basic library programs by providing new opportunities that would only be available through private resources.
- Sponsor literary, cultural, musical, and artistic programs and secure materials of cultural value for the library.
USES OF FOUNDATION FUNDS:
- Fund capital projects that would benefit the library. Such projects might include library construction and building renovations.
- Create a general endowment fund.
- Sponsor musical, artistic, cultural, and educational programs.
- Secure cultural enrichment programs for the library.
- Promote literacy and lifelong learning.
- Any individual, association, organization, partnership, or corporation interested in the purposes of the Foundation will become a member upon payment of dues.
- Donors attain lifetime membership once their cumulative contribution level reaches $5000.