The Library has several types of eReaders you can borrow. Our Nook Simple Touch devices and our Kindle Keyboard device all have books preloaded onto them, ready for you to enjoy. You can also request specific titles if they are available in our Overdrive collection. Titles in the Overdrive collection may also be requested for our Sony Reader.
- Nooks– There are 5 Nooks available for checkout for a period of 2 weeks. For more information on how it works, please see our eReader form, which all users must sign. View a list of titles preloaded onto all our Nooks.
- Kindle– There is 1 Kindle Keyboard available for checkout for a period of 2 weeks. For more information on how it works, please see our eReader form, which all users must sign. View a list of titles preloaded onto our Kindle.
- Sony Reader– There is 1 Sony Reader available for checkout for a period of 2 weeks. For more information on how it works, please see our eReader form, which all users must sign.
Nook HD Tablet
The Library has 4 Nook HDs available to check out. Borrowers must be at least 18 years old and must sign our Nook HD Borrowing Agreement. The loan period is 2 weeks. The Nook HD can be used to surf the web from anywhere there’s a wi-fi connection.
eBooks and Digital Audiobooks – Hoopla
Instantly stream eBooks, audiobooks, and comic books (and more!) on your computer or mobile device. The loan period is 21 days. Borrow a maximum of 4 titles per month (monthly limit resets on the 1st of the month). Download the Hoopla Digital app on your mobile device, or access hoopla on your computer using a browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. There are no waiting periods or late fees, and titles return automatically. For more information, visit hoopladigital.com/help or contact the Library.
eBooks and Digital Audiobooks – Overdrive
Use your library card to borrow eBooks and digital audiobooks through our Overdrive collection and enjoy them on a computer or mobile device. Choose a loan period of 7, 14, or 21 days and never worry about late fees since titles are returned automatically. Compatible devices include iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, Nook, Kindle, Android phone/tablet and more. Visit Overdrive’s Device Resource Center for a more complete list of which devices are compatible with the formats available.
Overdrive Instructions UPDATED May 2016
- OverDrive app (for most devices)
- OverDrive for Kindle eReaders
- OverDrive for eReaders (excluding Kindle eReaders)
- OverDrive for Windows or Mac computer
- OverDrive Read eBooks (browser-based eBooks)
- OverDrive Listen audiobooks (streaming audiobooks)
Need more help? Bring in your device and we’ll take you through the setup process and show you how to download books, or visit help.overdrive.com for more step-by-step instructions and help videos.