ELEMENTARY SCHOOL — MAQUAN & INDIAN HEAD
All elementary students will be participating in the Scholastic Happy Camper Summer Reading Challenge.
- All books on the High School Summer Reading list are available from the Hanson Public Library. If all copies are checked out, you may place a hold. Links have been provided below to copies in our online catalog.
- Some books are available on our Kindle or Nook eReaders, which you may borrow for 2 weeks. A note has been provided below when a copy is on our Kindle or Nook eReaders.
- Some books are available for your own device through OverDrive (our eBook and digital audiobook service) or Hoopla (our streaming media service). Links have been provided below when an eBook or digital audiobook copy exists in OverDrive or Hoopla.
Grade 9: I Kill the Mockingbird, Paul Acampora || On our Nooks || eBook
Grade 10: The Stranger in the Woods, Michael Finkel || On our Nooks || eBook
Grade 11: Tomorrow When the War Began, John Marsden || On our Nooks || eBook
Grade 12: The Death of Expertise,Tom Nichols || On our Nooks || eBook II audiobook
All AP and Honors students must read the above selection as well as the following:
- Animal Farm – George Orwell || On our Nooks || eBook || audiobook
- The Most Dangerous Game (short story) – Richard Connell || eBook
- The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck || eBook || audiobook
- All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Maria Remarque || eBook
- The Things They Carried–Tim O’Brien II eBook
- Lord of the Flies– William Golding II eBook II audiobook
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft – Stephen King
Then read ONE of the following:
- The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls || On our Nooks || eBook
- A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini || On our Nooks || eBook
- Hillbilly Elegy– J.D.Vance (memoir) II eBook