The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation designed to operate exclusively for the benefit of the Hanson Public Library.
The goal of the Hanson Public Library Foundation is to help the Hanson Public Library reach a higher standard of excellence by supplementing funds received from public sources with private financial support.
2019 Foundation Events:
Author Talk – Stephen Puleo – Black Tide: The Great Molasses Flood of 1919 Friday, January 18th, 7:00 pm
Art Matters Presentation – Impressionism Saturday, February 2nd, 12:30 pm
Foundation Annual Meeting Tuesday, February 5th, 6:30 pm
Chef’s Special Dinner with Wine & Beer Tastings 5th Annual – Meadowbrook Restaurant Friday, March 8th, 7:00 pm
Music in the Library – Kelsey Gilbert & Paul Doolittle Popular songs from the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s Friday, April 26th, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Author Talk – Lisa Bates – Beyond the Rails: USA Cross-Country Train Travel Friday, May 3rd, 7:00 pm
Trivia Night – Eighth Annual – Camp Kiwanee Wednesday, July 31st, 7:30 pm
Family Skate Time – Carousel Family Fun Center Thursday, August 15th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Fall Floral Basket Craft – Presented by Joan Herman Saturday, September 14th, 12:30 pm
Author Talk – Jerry Thornton Five Rings: The Super Bowl History of the New England Patriots (So Far) Friday, October 25th, 7:00 pm
Library Open House – Fourteenth Annual Saturday, November 16th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Please check the Calendar of Events
- for details
- for updates
- to register
- for additional library programs
Further details will also be available at the library as each event approaches. To request email notifications of Foundation events, email email@example.com.
- Encourage, receive, solicit, accept, hold, administer, and invest gifts, grants, endowments, and bequests for the benefit of the library.
- Expand public support, understanding, and use of the library.
- Increase and improve the resources of the Hanson Public Library.
- Supplement, augment, and complement the basic library programs by providing new opportunities that would only be available through private resources.
- Sponsor literary, cultural, musical, and artistic programs and secure materials of cultural value for the library.
USES OF FOUNDATION FUNDS:
- Fund capital projects that would benefit the library. Such projects might include library construction and building renovations.
- Create a general endowment fund.
- Sponsor musical, artistic, cultural, and educational programs.
- Secure cultural enrichment programs for the library.
- Promote literacy and lifelong learning.
- Any individual, association, organization, partnership, or corporation interested in the purposes of the Foundation will become a member upon payment of dues.
- Donors attain lifetime membership once their cumulative contribution level reaches $5000.