Marie McLaughlin Historical Room
The library’s print collection of historical materials is located in the Marie McLaughlin Historical Room.
There is a wide range of items housed in the historical room including:
- Town of Hanson Annual Reports (1858-current)
- Town of Whitman Annual Reports
- Yearbooks – list of years available (yearbook donations are always welcome)
- Street listings
- Tax records
- School records
- Vital Records to 1850 for various towns
- Histories of Hanson houses
- Histories of local towns
- Access a variety of local historical materials online, including the Nathaniel Thomas Mill History, the History of Hanson by E.B.K. Gurney, and a Pictorial History of the Town of Hanson
- Digitized Whitman-Hanson Regional High School yearbooks, courtesy of the Whitman Public Library (1940-2014 but missing 1950, 1954, 1964, 1976, 1988)
Ancestry Library Edition
In-library use only, no remote access available.
This online genealogy resource is available from any of the library’s public computers. Search census data, vital records, directories, and more. Both U.S. and international data is included.
While the Library is offering limited services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ancestry is providing access to it’s collection for home users! You can sign in here with your library card!