Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eReaders, and more!
eBooks and eAudiobooks – Libby by Overdrive
Use your library card to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and more through our Overdrive collection and enjoy them on mobile device or computer. Try OverDrive’s new app Libby, the easiest way to get started with digital books and audiobooks. Choose a loan period of 7, 14, or 21 days and never worry about late fees, since titles are returned automatically. Compatible devices include iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, Nook, Kindle, Android phone/tablet and more. Visit Overdrive’s Device Resource Center for a more complete list of which devices are compatible with the formats available.
- Getting Started with Libby (for most devices)
eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Media – Hoopla
Instantly stream eBooks, eAudiobooks, comic books, movies and tv series on your mobile device or computer. The loan period is 21 days. Borrow a maximum of 10 titles per month (monthly limit resets on the 1st of the month). Download the Hoopla Digital app on your mobile device, or access hoopla on your computer using a browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. There are no waiting periods or late fees, and titles return automatically. For more information, visit hoopladigital.com/help or contact the Library.
- Getting Started with hoopla (for most devices)
Digital Children’s Books – TumbleBook Library
TumbleBooks are animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you. It also includes National Geographic videos and games. TumbleBook Library is compatible with most computers, tablets, and smart phones. However, your experience on the site may differ a little based on your device. Every user logs into TumbleBookLibrary, but you should be redirected to one of the mobile websites if you’re on a tablet or a phone.
- Getting Started with TumbleBook (for most devices)
Don’t have a device? The Library has several types of eReaders you can borrow. Each have books preloaded onto them, ready for you to enjoy, or you can also request specific titles if they are available in our Overdrive collection.
- Nooks – There are 5 Nooks available for checkout for a period of 2 weeks. For more information on how it works, please see our eReader form, which all users must sign. View a list of titles preloaded onto all our Nooks.
- Kindle – There is 1 Kindle Fire available for checkout for a period of 2 weeks. For more information on how it works, please see our eReader form, which all users must sign. View a list of titles preloaded onto our Kindle.
Need help? Attend one of our upcoming classes, or bring your device in to the library. We’ll take you through the setup process and show you how to download books.