The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation designed to operate exclusively for the benefit of the Hanson Public Library.
The goal of the Hanson Public Library Foundation is to help the Hanson Public Library reach a higher standard of excellence by supplementing funds received from public sources with private financial support.
2020 Foundation Events:
Night at the Oscars – Frank Mandosa
Friday, January 31st, 6:30 pm
Foundation Annual Meeting
Tuesday, February 4th, 6:30 pm
Author Talk: Andre Dubus III – Gone So Long
Sunday, February 23rd, 3:00 pm
Good Life Kitchen of Norwell
Cooking Demonstration and Tasting
Saturday, March 7th, 12:30 pm
Music in the Library – Kelsey Gilbert & Paul Doolittle
Popular Songs from the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s
Friday, April 3rd, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Author Talk: Hallie Ephron – Careful What You Wish For: A Novel of Suspense
Friday, May 8th, 6:30 pm
Trivia Night – Ninth Annual – Camp Kiwanee
Wednesday, August 5th, 7:30 pm
Family Skate Time
Carousel Family Fun Center
Thursday, August 20th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Presented by The Naked Flower
Friday, September 18th, 7:00 pm
Lizzie Borden and the Forty Whacks
Presented by Delvena Theatre
Friday, October 30th, 6:30 pm
Library Open House – Fifteenth Annual
Saturday, November 14th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Please check the Calendar of Events
- for details
- for updates
- to register
- for additional library programs
Further details will also be available at the library as each event approaches. To request email notifications of Foundation events, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encourage, receive, solicit, accept, hold, administer, and invest gifts, grants, endowments, and bequests for the benefit of the library.
- Expand public support, understanding, and use of the library.
- Increase and improve the resources of the Hanson Public Library.
- Supplement, augment, and complement the basic library programs by providing new opportunities that would only be available through private resources.
- Sponsor literary, cultural, musical, and artistic programs and secure materials of cultural value for the library.
USES OF FOUNDATION FUNDS:
- Fund capital projects that would benefit the library. Such projects might include library construction and building renovations.
- Create a general endowment fund.
- Sponsor musical, artistic, cultural, and educational programs.
- Secure cultural enrichment programs for the library.
- Promote literacy and lifelong learning.
- Any individual, association, organization, partnership, or corporation interested in the purposes of the Foundation will become a member upon payment of dues.
- Donors attain lifetime membership once their cumulative contribution level reaches $5000.