The John P. Tobin Memorial Children’s Collection was established in 2008 in memory of John P. Tobin, an avid reader and frequent patron of the Hanson Public Library.
To date, proceeds raised from donations have been used to purchase:
- 520 Children’s and Young Adult book series.
- An AWE Early Literacy Station, a computer dedicated to inspiring every child to become a life long learner. Included in this computer are interactive educational games and live e-books.
- A downloadable e-book database for children and young adults.
- A digital learning tablet with After School Edge software. This learning device is an extension of the AWE Early Literacy station and will be available for school age children to use in the library.
- Five special programs bringing magic, animals, and literacy programs to the library.
- Updated Children’s and YA books and other media materials on kindness and bullying.
The present value of the John P. Tobin Memorial Collection is $11,200.