Got a couple Victory Royales under your belt and fancy yourself good at Fortnite? Come prove your skill at our Hanson Library Fortnite Solos Tournament!
On Saturday, October 20, 2018
, we’re hosting a Fortnite
tournament at the Hanson Library, located at 132 Maquan St, Hanson, MA. Tournament entry is FREE and you DO NOT need to be a library member to attend. Friendlies begin a
, official tournament brackets start at 9:30AM. Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place!
- Players will be pitted against each other for each match in the bracket.
- A player’s score is determined by what placing they achieve in their drop, minus 5 points for every kill. If a player achieves a Victory Royale, they receive a 5 point bonus.
- Each player will do up to two drops per match, on whatever platform they prefer. Only their best drop is used to calculate their score for each match.
- The player with the LOWEST score wins the match.
- Ties are broken by taking the score from the previously unused drop.
- After a player is killed, they must remain on the kill screen and alert a staff member to record their score. If a player leaves this screen and cannot prove their score, they are automatically given 100 points for that round.
- As long as they follow the in-game rules of a standard online matchmaking and do not exploit any glitches, players may utilize any play style they like, including hiding, hunting other players, building bases, etc.
- All matches must take place on North American servers.
- Whereas all elements are randomized and players have an equal likelihood of finding loot, ALL weapons, vehicles, and items are fair game.
- If a player is kicked mid-game, they may either take their score from the match when they left the game, or they may do that match over.
There are still a few spots left to join the fun! Stop by the library to register! Cost is $30/person; checks can be made payable to Hanson Public Library Foundation.
We’re offering technology classes this September for computer basics and TumbleBooks!
Tuesday, September 11 at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, September 12 at 10:00 am
Become more comfortable with computers! This class introduces you to basic computer terminology and functions. We will be using the library’s computers for this class; limit 4 people per class, so sign up!
Introduction to TumbleBook
Tuesday, September 25 at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, September 26 at 10:00 am
Access animated books, games, and puzzles for grades K to 6 with TumbleBook! Parents and kids are invited to learn how to use TumbleBook; you just need a library card and device to get started! You can bring your own device (laptop, tablet, phone) or use the library’s computers.
Can’t make these dates? Classes don’t cover your questions? Contact Julia to schedule a one-on-one class! When requesting an appointment, please be specific about your needs so the librarian can prepare for your topic. Sessions last anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Participants may bring in their own laptops or devices if desired, or use the library’s computers. To schedule your appointment:
- Drop by the reference desk
- Email email@example.com
- Call 781-293-2151 x106