The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation designed to operate exclusively for the benefit of the Hanson Public Library.
The goal of the Hanson Public Library Foundation is to help the Hanson Public Library reach a higher standard of excellence by supplementing funds received from public sources with private financial support.
- Encourage, receive, solicit, accept, hold, administer, and invest gifts, grants, endowments, and bequests for the benefit of the library.
- Expand public support, understanding, and use of the library.
- Increase and improve the resources of the Hanson Public Library.
- Supplement, augment, and complement the basic library programs by providing new opportunities that would only be available through private resources.
- Sponsor literary, cultural, musical, and artistic programs and secure materials of cultural value for the library.
Uses of Foundation Funds
- Fund capital projects that would benefit the library. Such projects might include library construction and building renovations.
- Create a general endowment fund.
- Sponsor musical, artistic, cultural, and educational programs.
- Secure cultural enrichment programs for the library.
- Promote literacy and lifelong learning.
- Any individual, association, organization, partnership, or corporation interested in the purposes of the Foundation will become a member upon payment of dues.
- Donors attain lifetime membership once their cumulative contribution level reaches $5000.