The Hanson Public Library now has mobile hotspots available to checkout. Here’s how it works:
- Hotspots can be placed on hold online at hansonlibrary.org
- Hotspots circulate to Hanson residents 18 years or older for 1 week and are not eligible for renewal.
- Hotspots are limited to one per household at any given time. Patrons may borrow one hotspot per 30 day period.
- There will be a charge of $5 for each day that a hotspot is overdue, with a maximum overdue fine of $25. Hotspots will be deactivated if not returned on time, and patrons will be charged the replacement fee of $150 if hotspots are not returned after 2 weeks from the due date.
- Library staff reserve the right to revoke hotspot borrowing privileges where a patron has not followed this policy .
- Patrons are responsible for damage, loss or theft of hotspots or any of the accompanying materials. Severity of the damage will be solely determined by library staff and may result in a $150 replacement fee.
- All hotspots must be returned inside the Hanson Public Library at the Circulation Desk during normal library hours. They may not be returned in the book drop or to any other library.
Hotspots are made possible in part by the Hanson Public Library Foundation.