Announcing an exciting new program at the Hanson Public Library for beginning readers, Adopt a Reading Buddy! Pick a Beanie Baby to take home and be your reading buddy.
Here’s how to participate:
- Register for the Adopt a Reading Buddy Program online
- The beginner reader goes to the Library to select a Beanie Baby to adopt.
- The reader signs an adoption application agreeing to read to the new pet for at least 15 minutes a day for 20 days and then selects a Beanie Baby reading buddy.
- Participants are given a log to keep track of their reading times.
- Each day that the child reads to his/her reading buddy for at least 15 minutes, the child colors in a circle on the reading log and a parent initials the reading log. The support of parents will help maintain interest in the program.
- Upon completion of reading 15 minutes a day for 20 days, participants bring their reading logs into the Library to receive a Reading Buddy Certificate of Adoption.
Learning to read takes practice. Loving to read takes enthusiasm. Read with your child often and create a sense of enjoyment, wonder, and a passion for reading. Parents, find tips here for what you can do to raise a reader!
This program is sponsored by the Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc.