Adult and Youth Services Support Librarian
The Hanson Public Library is seeking an Adult & Youth Services Support Librarian. The position supports patrons of all ages, although duties will focus more on youth services. Candidates will be offered a great deal of flexibility to demonstrate initiative and be creative in developing programs and services that engage the community, and will work collaboratively with the Adult Services and Youth Services Librarians and Library Director on coordinating overall delivery of library services to the public.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Planning and implementing programs and services that respond to the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of adults, children, and young adults
● Assisting other staff with supervising programs, and filling in to lead programs as needed
● Developing and participating in public relations and publicity efforts for Library activities and services
● Partnering with the Library Foundation, community organizations, town departments, schools, day care facilities, and local businesses
● Selecting, purchasing, and withdrawing materials
● Answering reference questions from people of all ages
● Assisting patrons with selecting reading material and using print and online resources, mobile devices, computer software, and a wide variety of technologies
A complete job description is available here: Adult and Youth Services Support Librarian Job Description
This is a 35-hour/week union position with benefits.
May include evening and Saturday hours.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
Recent MLS graduates, students currently enrolled in an MLS program, and potential MLS program candidates are encouraged to apply
1-3 years experience in library services, preferably in a public library
Experience working with children in a learning or educational setting
Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge of computers and technology required
$28.72-$37.68 per hour with MLS
$26.11-$34.25 per hour without MLS
Union Grade IV. Salary range in 12 steps.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Karen Stolfer, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.