Join us in welcoming author Peter Jamero to speak about his experiences as a Filipino American. Mr. Jamero is the author of Growing Up Brown: Memoirs of a Filipino American. Sign up here!
The Hanson Public Library is now open for appointments and curbside pickup!
Hours for Seniors & Other High Risk Patrons
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00am-10:00am
Hours for All Patrons
Curbside Pickup Hours
● Entry will be by appointment only. Appointments will be 30 minutes. During each appointment a maximum of five people will be allowed in the library, with only one person allowed in the children’s room at a time.
● Please respect our hours for seniors and other high risk patrons.
● Do not enter if you are sick.
● All visitors must wear a face covering in the proper position while in the building.
● Maintain 6 feet of distance from other library users and staff.
● Please follow signs and floor markings.
● Please use the hand sanitizer that is provided.
● Please try to limit the items you touch while in the building.
● We strongly encourage only one family member per visit.
● You will be able to browse the collection, checkout items, pick up holds, sign up for a library card, use the photocopy machine, and fax documents.
● Express holds pickup will be offered. Please contact the library in advance of your visit to have your holds checked out and ready for you to pick up.
● No seating will be available at this time.
● Newspapers will not be available.
● All library materials must be returned in the outdoor bookdrop so they can be properly quarantined. Do not bring them in with you.
● Computer use is now available. Wireless printing is also available and you may pick up print jobs during your visit.
● Payment for copies, print jobs, and faxes must be exact change.
Imagine Your Story this summer at the Hanson Public Library and help us color in our dragon! Here’s how it works:
- Track your reading online
- Every page you read will add a scale onto our dragon
- Be sure to read each week and regularly track your reading! Don’t know what to read? Ask a librarian for a custom Book Bundle!
- There will be weekly prize drawings (open to whoever tracks their reading that week) and a grand prize drawing on August 14th (open to whoever tracks their reading this summer). The winner will receive a pair of AirPods!
The Hanson Public Library is open for curbside pickup! Following guidelines from the Governor, we will initially be offering limited services. Please be patient with us as we all adjust to new policies and procedures.
- The Library is returning to our normal summer hours. The hours for curbside pickup will be: Mondays 9:00-5:00, Tuesdays 12:00-8:00, Wednesdays 9:00-3:00, Thursdays 12:00-8:00, Fridays 9:00-5:00, Saturdays 9:00-1:00
- Overdue fines will continue to be waived until further notice, and due dates for materials checked out prior to our March closing have been extended to July 31st
- The Library’s outdoor bookdrop is now open. When items are returned they will be quarantined for 72 hours, so they will not immediately come off your account
- Delivery between SAILS network libraries has restarted! You will be notified via phone, text, or email when your holds become available. Please contact the Library at email@example.com or (781) 293-2151 to schedule a pickup time
- The Library is not accepting donations of materials until further notice
- The Library has resumed print, copy, and fax services. To print: send the file you need printed to firstname.lastname@example.org or connect to the WiFi from the parking lot for wireless printing. Your first 5 pages are free, and after that it is $0.10 per page, exact change required. To copy: contact the Library to schedule a drop off time for your documents. Your first 5 pages are free, and after that it is $0.10 per page, exact change required. To fax: contact the Library to schedule a drop off time for your documents. Your first page is free, and after that it is $0.50 per page, exact change required.