The beginning of a new year seems like a good time to tell you about 5 services you probably don’t know the Hanson Library offers, so here goes:
- Reference chat – An easy way to ask a librarian a question. Just add hnref to your AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, or MSN contact list. We can look up a quick fact, receive requests for more in-depth research, provide you with our hours, and more.
- TumbleBookLibrary – This new service is an online collection of animated, talking picture books for young children. If you’re at the Library, try it out on our computer by the children’s room. From home, you can visit www.TumbleBookLibrary.com and use hansonpl as the username and libra as the password.
- MP3 players – We have 2 MP3 players you can checkout to use with Overdrive, our digital audio book service. We’ll be happy to show you how to use Overdrive and transfer titles onto the MP3 player so you can enjoy them at your leisure.
- Virtual Catalog and Interlibrary Loan – If an item you want is not owned by a library in the SAILS network it may be available in the Virtual Catalog, which searches several library networks in
. If that’s still unsuccessful we’ll request the item through our Interlibrary Loan service, which searches the entire country for a lender. Massachusetts
- Online databases – Looking for a magazine, newspaper, or journal article? Then our online databases are just what you need. We’ll help you search for articles or, if you prefer to do it yourself, we can provide you with instructions on how to log in from home.
For more information on these and other services please contact us at 781-293-2151.