Dear Hanson Public Library Supporter,
The 2024 Foundation membership drive is now underway, and the Foundation Directors invite you to make a donation. Your generosity, at whatever level works best for you, will help the Foundation to continue to enhance library services and offer valuable programs for all members of our community. The Directors of the Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. are grateful for your support of the Library Foundation. In 2023, contributions by Foundation members have funded:
• Author visits by award winning New York Times bestselling author and former Hanson resident Martha Hall Kelly featuring a discussion of her newest novel, The Golden Doves, historical fiction author Jane Healey and cookbook author Tammy Donroe Inman
• The 18th Annual Library Open House featuring Mario, Animal World Experience, Mark Davis on piano, Take & Make Crafts, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten and the 8th Annual Art Show
• Ice cream gift cards for Summer Reading participants to celebrate their reading success
• 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program funded by donations in memory of Tom Moore
• Adopt a Reading Buddy beginner reader program and reading buddy sleepover with pizza
• Mobile Hotspots for patrons to check out to get a strong, fast, secure online connection
• Tom O’Carroll concert of Irish Music, Paint-by-Sticker activity, Gregory Hischak for an Edward Gorey presentation, Music in the Library with Kelsey Gilbert and Paul Doolittle
• In the Middle Book Club and books for middle school students with funds donated in memory of Mary (Gret) Lozeau
• Half Day Hangouts featuring food tastings, henna art program, inflatable jumpy house, Minute to Win It, cookie decorating and button making
• No-Sew Quilt Workshop, books featuring women in science, Memory Kits and a Coding Robot were funded by donations in memory of Marie Caci
• Yoga classes for adults
• Mailing of the Hanson Public Library newsletter
• Maker Space Cart supplies and monthly STEM Challenges funded by Ellen Gustafson memorial donations
We hope you will consider supporting the Library Foundation by making a donation today. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization so donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. You can make a secure online contribution through the Foundation’s website by going to https://hanson-public-library-foundation-inc.square.site.
If you prefer, checks may be made payable to The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc. and may be either dropped off at the library or mailed to the Hanson Public Library Foundation, 132 Maquan Street, Hanson, MA 02341.
Thank you in advance for your support of the Library Foundation.
Directors of The Hanson Public Library Foundation, Inc.